Mango Tree (Totapuri, Grafted)
Totapuri mangoes are large in size and golden yellow in color. It is oblong in shape and has a prominent beak-like pointed end. These mangoes vary in length but are generally about 7 inches long.
It has a considerable shelf life of a week after it is ripe making it exportable. It is also one of the most expensive kinds of mango and is grown mainly in western India. Mango is the leading fruit crop of India and considered to be the king of fruits.
The tropical fruit is called the “King of Fruits” in India. The tree has been around for more than 4000 years in India and was taken to South America by the Portuguese, other parts of South Asia by Indians and to other tropical regions by others. A mango tree needs an ideal climate to grow. It is a tropical fruit and needs a lot of suns to grow and bear fruit.
|Common Name||Mango Totapuri, Aamb|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 10 to 80 ft|
|Flower Colour||Whitish green|
|Bloom Time||Spring, Summer|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
Choose the sunniest spot in your garden and dig a 12-inch deep hole.
If the plant is slightly bigger, then dig a slightly deeper hole.
Also, prepare the soil with fertilizers and plant feed before planting the tree.
Plant the tree deep and then pack the soil.
However, make sure that the soil is loosely packed to enhance water absorption.
Control the weed.
Mango Tree Care
|Soil||Loamy, alluvial, well-drained, aerated, and deep soils rich in organic matter with a pH range of 5.5 to 7.5|
|Temperature||20 to 35 degree C|
|Fertilizer||Applied any organic fertilizer or manure.|
|Harvest Season||Spring, Summer|
Mango Tree Special Feature
Mango delicious taste, excellent flavor, and attractive fragrance, it is rich in vitamin A and C. The tree is hardy in nature and requires comparatively low maintenance costs.
Mango Tree Uses
- Mango plant can be used in the garden
- Mango fruit rich the vitamin A
- Mango fruit is utilized at all stages of its development both in its immature and mature state
- Raw fruits are used for making chutney, pickles, and juices
- The ripe fruits besides being used for dessert are also utilized for preparing several products like squashes, syrups, nectars, jams, and jellies
- The mango kernel also contains 8-10 percent good quality fat which can be used for soap and also as a substitute for cola in confectionery
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.