|Common Name||Arabian jasmine, Mogara, Sambac jasmine, Mogro, Mogra, Mogare, Kabok lei etc.|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 3 meters.|
Planting And Care
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
3-6 hours of sunlight a day is ideal for flowering and plant will grow well in natural bright light.
Soil Soil should be well-drained and rich in organic content for Mogra plant.
Watering Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
Apply 3 cups (Approx. 150 ml) water when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in the pot feels dry to touch.
Apply water preferably in morning or evening.
Do not overwater the plant.
As a rule of thumb, water the plant thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer Before the application of fertilizer loosens the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture.
During the main growing season (Feb to March, July to Sep) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
Plant Protection Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Don’ts Do not overwater the plant.
Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
Jasminum Sambac Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Keep the plant in Natural indirect bright Light.
Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
Apply 3 cups (Approx. 150 ml) water when topsoil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep the plant healthy:
|Sunlight||Natural indirect bright light with 3-6 hours of sunlight a day.|
|Watering||Apply 3 cups (Approx. 150 ml) water when topsoil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.|
|Soil||Soil should be well-drained, fertile and rich in organic content.|
|Temperature||16 to 35 degree Celsius.|
|Fertilizer||Apply organic fertilizer once a month.|
Jasminum Sambac Special Feature
The plant is known for its heavenly fragrance especially in the evenings as the flowers open after sunset.
Jasminum Sambac Uses
- Making garlands or hair decoration etc
- It is considered to be an apt and biological cure for jaundice and other venereal diseases
- The flower buds help in the treatment of ulcers, vesicles, boils, skin diseases and eye disorders
- The leaves extract against breast tumours
- Drinking Jasmine tea regularly helps in curing cancer
- Its oil is very effective in calming and relaxing
- Note: The following information is general guidelines
- Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines
- Note: The following information is general guidelines, consult your healthcare adviser before consumption or application of plant and plant parts for medicinal purpose