|Common Name||apple,seb,(Malus pumila, commonly and erroneously called Malus domestica,|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Minimum 10 feet.|
|Flower Colour||The 3 to 4 cm (1.2 to 1.6 in) flowers are white with a pink tinge that gradually fades, five petaled, with an inflorescence consisting of a cyme with 4 to 6 flowers. The central flower of the inflorescence is called the king bloom, it opens first, and can develop a larger fruit|
|Difficulty Level||easy to grow|
Planting And Care
Use a balanced fertilizer every three months until the tree begins to bear fruit, and apply nitrogen annually once the tree is mature. Typically dormant during the winter, custard apple trees do not require regular watering.
They do, however, need watering twice a month starting in early spring, when they are actively growing. Use a water timer or drip irrigation system to supply custard apple trees with a sufficient amount of water.
Use a water timer or drip irrigation system to supply custard apple trees with a sufficient amount of water. Overwatering the tree can lead to root rot, while under watering it can cause the leaves to fall and the fruit to burn in direct sunlight. Custard apple trees are sensitive to frost.
|Sunlight||Part shade to full shade|
|Temperature||below 5 C|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Apple Special Feature
Apple Court is a pinnately crested form that basically has the same gray/green/silver fronds as var. pictum, but differs by having distinctively crested pinnae on the fronds.
- Woodland gardens, shade gardens or shaded border fronts
- apple leaves (Annona reticulata) medicinal herbs are well used in Jamaica for a number of ailments
- Apples are an important ingredient in many desserts, such as apple pie, apple crumble, apple crisp and apple cake
- They are often eaten baked or stewed, and they can also be dried and eaten or reconstituted (soaked in water, alcohol, or some other liquid) for later use
- When cooked, some apple cultivars easily form a puree known as apple sauce
- Apples are also made into apple butter and apple jelly
- They are also used (cooked) in meat dishes