|Common Name||Dianthus Coconut Punch ,nariyal,daap,naral|
|Maximum Reachable Height||5-7 Meters|
|Flower Colour||Wine red with white blotches|
|Bloom Time||May to June|
|Difficulty Level||easy to grow|
Planting And Care
First, water the coconut tree frequently.
As long as the soil drains well, you really can’t water it too often.
If you decide to repot your coconut tree, remember to add sand or vermiculite to the new soil to keep the water draining well.
Second, growing coconut palms are heavy feeders that require regular, complete fertilizer.
Look for a fertilizer that provides both the basic nutrients plus trace nutrients like boron, manganese, and magnesium.
|Watering||Water the coconut frequently but make sure the container drains very well.|
|Temperature||21 C and above|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Nariyal Special Feature
Rock gardens, border fronts, edgings, fragrance gardens, and containers. When massed, these mat-forming plants can form an attractive ground cover.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
- Crested Lepidagathis, called Muddabanthi in Telugu, has been used by the yanadi tribe in Andhra Pradesh as a traditional medicine
- It is used in the treatment of fever
- It is also used in treating inflammations – aqueous extract of leaves mixed with Ocimum juice and the tuberous flower ash mixed with coconut oil is a concoction, which is applied on parts affected by inflammation
- In Chhattisgarh, people use leaf extract for treating malaria
- edible in many things, as fruit,aschutney or juice or sweets, etc