|Common Name||Ram phal, Bullocks heart|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 10 to 15 m|
|Bloom Time||Spring, Summer|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
The small tree that produces large heart-shaped tropical fruit with soft acid pulp.
Custard Apple grows as a semi-evergreen and is a flowering edible fruit.
Being an evergreen plant, it will be evergreen in mild areas but otherwise deciduous.
Custard Apple is known for its tree growth habit.
Annona growing tree of the family Annonaceae and also known as Sop, Annona evergreen perennial but in a cold weather become deciduous. Can grow in tropics Mediterranean or subtropical climate.Flower small green-yellowish, separate times on the same tree female and male flower, the flowers are protogyny at first female and after
|Sunlight||Full sun to part shade|
|Temperature||25 to 41 degrees C|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
|Harvest Season||Spring, Summer|
Ramphal Special Feature
Annona reticulata is cultivated around the world for its edible fruits.
- The plant is used for the ornamental purpose
- The leaves are used internally against worms, and externally to treat abscesses
- Crushed leaves or a paste of the flesh may be poulticed on boils, abscesses and ulcers
- Note: USe only after consulting the specialist
- The ripe fruits are edible
- The sweetish fruit varies considerably in quality; some are eaten raw but most often they are used in preserves, drinks, ice cream, puddings etc